The Organizational Setting
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety, air navigation, security and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in the development of intellectual property. The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its strategic objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
The Revenue and Product Management (RPM) Section is part of the Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) and is focused on revenue-generating activities of the Organization, conducts marketing, promotion and sales of revenue-generating products based on ICAO intellectual property. The eCommerce and Publications Sales Unit (ECP) is responsible for the sales and electronic distribution of ICAO publications and products and have implemented an ecommerce system based on the Magento platform.
The Magento Developer will be required to enhance, maintain, and improve the current ecommerce platform in a cost-effective manner. The incumbent will be expected to support system installation, configuration, and feature enhancement as well as system maintenance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
Working under the management of the Head, E-Commerce and Publications Sales, the Magento Developer shall be required to:
- Develop, test, and deploy e-commerce platform features, optimizations, bug fixes, and integrations.
- Provide insight and guidance concerning optimization opportunities and priorities for both back end functionality and site performance for the UI experience.
- Work closely with project and product management for setting project priorities and scoping decisions.
- Provide support to business users of the platform.
- Provide weekly planning, tracking, and reporting to management.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
A Diploma of College Studies (DEC) or Technical Certificate in computer science.
A university degree in computer science or related field
Professional Experience and knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Magento 2 and Zend Frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of Magento 2 software architecture (modules and templates).
- Advanced PHP and MySQL knowledge.
- Experience in software testing.
- Experience working with code versioning software (such as SVN or Git).
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with internal and external stakeholders to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as C# and ASP.Net.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows development tools such as Visual Basic.
Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English are essential.
A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Conditions of Employment
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for an initial period of six (6) months with a possibility of an extension. This is a full time position.
Please note that the monthly rate for Band A-2 varies from $2,167 to $5,850 per month.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ICAO's e-Recruitment website at: https://careers-new.icao.int.
Notice to Candidates
ICAO does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the selection process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ICAO are fraudulent and should be disregarded.